Software FX Community

Modified OtherTransform

Mick

Is there any way that I can get an OtherTransform (or similar) object to group the data in my series based on what its point number is?

I have a pie with 10 equally sized slices:

Posted Image 

I want the pie to look like this:

Posted Image 

Here I have 9 slices - the last slice is really the combination of 2 slices.

I am more concerned about the scroll bar space than I am about the data grouping. The OtherTransform was crashing when I tried to write a test project, but if I understand how it's supposed to work correctly, the following example highlights an example of what I want NOT to happen:

90% A

5% B

5% C

OtherTransform.MinPercentage = 1

Posted Image

This chart needlessly groups B and C together with an OtherTransform.

Thank you,

Michael

Unfortunately we do not have a way for the transform to group based on scrollbars appearing on the legend, note that if the chart size (or the font used or the location of the legend box) is changed you might have to change your grouping and data transforms operate only once when the data is processed.

If (and this might be a big IF) the size of the chart is constant as well as the style and font, you could use a transform that would only apply if the number of slices is bigger than a specified fixed amount (e.g. 10 in your sample, note that many factors will change this), If this sounds useful we could add a property to OtherTransform to support this functionality.

JuanC

This actually sounds like it will be very useful. I'm most interested in "not showing the scrollbar" when I'm trying to use the charting engine to create printed material (because clients love WYSIWYG - but printed scrollbars don't really make sense).

In the mean time, is there any way I can create this transform (or something that achieves the same goal) by myself?

Thank you,

Mick

In Build 3688 we have added a MaxCount property to OtherTransform. If you set this to 5 it means we will make sure at most 5 elements are plotted (where the fifth one will be "Other") but will do nothing if the original data contains 5 or less elements.

This also means that MinPercentage will be ignored in this scenario.

JuanC