Software FX Community

give fully qualified name for download and temp folders

binukjohn

My chartfx .net client control is not working if I access it from a gatewayed server.

The problem is that my the gateway needs a fully qualified name for the component. In this case, chartfx has only the relative path in object tag for class ID and path..See below

<object id="Chart1" classid="/chartfx62/download/ChartFX.MainClient.DLL#SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.MainClient" WIDTH="890px" HEIGHT="580px" > <PARAM NAME="DataCookieId" VALUE="dj34ho45qvdudv55tme4eyag"> <PARAM NAME="DataPath" VALUE="/chartfx62/temp/CFT1103_02104128655.chw"> <PARAM NAME="AssemblyTarget" VALUE="ChartFX.Internet.Client, Version=6.2.2839.26852, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" > <PARAM NAME="ClassTarget" VALUE="SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Client.Chart" > </object>

Instead of classid="/chartfx62/download/ChartFX.MainClient.DLL", I need classid=http://localhost/chartfx62/download/ChartFX.MainClient.DLL

I see that there is a registry setting named "RequiredRoot" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software FX, Inc.\ChartFX for .NET\6.2\Server

This registry setting will allow me to provide fully qualified name for classid. But it is not allowing me to set host names in this registry key. Is there any other way to provide fully qualified name for classid?

A setting in the Chart FX config file (ChartFX.Internet.config) called DownloadPath can be used to control this url.

Notice that you may get security warnings/errors (depending on security level) by referencing an ActiveX from another site.

In fact, I beleive newer versions of IE do not allow ActiveX controls to be downloaded from another domain.