Software FX Community

Line in a time-based line graph doesn't connect the data points correctly

Darin Daubert

Hello --
I'm having another issue similar to the one I just posted about data points not being connected with a line when data points are close to each other.  In this case, I have 4 data points.  Based on my sort order, point 1 should connect to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4.  However, what I'm seeing is that point 1 connects to 2, and 2 to 4.  Point 3 appears slightly to the left of the line graph.  I've attached a stub application reproducing what I'm getting.  In the test app, I've included two sets of lines.  One line that has the data points spread out a little more and is displaying the line correctly.  The other line has my data points 15 minutes apart and is connecting them as mentioned above.

file:///C:/Users/DDAUBE%7E1.TIG/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/Users/DDAUBE%7E1.TIG/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png

I have comments throughout the test application that hopefully will point you in the right direction.  I also added an image to the ZIP file pointing out what I'm seeing.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you again!
Darin Daubert

>> Line appearing below the data point

We modified our templates to fix this issue with sharp angles

>> Connecting points in line

There is an optimization feature that tries to handle a chart with thousands of points (or more) and a small number of pixels, and a bug on this code was the one causing the problem, it has been fixed on build 3595.

You can also workaround this problem with the following code

((ChartFX.WPF.Galleries.Line) chart1.AllSeries.GalleryAttributes).CollapseDistance = 0;

JuanC