Software FX Community

PageIndexChanged or Changing

danieley

I'm trying to stick the current page in a session variable on a grid I have, so that when my users navigate away and come back, they can be on the page they left off on.

I'm running into trouble because my handlers for PageIndexChanged and PageIndexChanging never seem to be invoked. Presumably this is because the paging doesn't cause a postback. I've been searching for a spot or setting where I can tell the pager to throw a postback, but I haven't found anything. Please help.

jon

• 1 month later...

Hi danieley,

I don't have a direct answer for you but I can share my personal experience and hope it helps your endeavor.

I've created a dynamic grid within my code after an initial postback. When I attempt to use the page feature on the grid the PageIndexChanging and PageIndexChanged never get called. Instead it initiates a true postback of the webpage. The grid itself should be saved in the page's ViewState and from there you can possibly retrieve the data including schema info (like current page selected).

From all the research I've done into GridFX it looks like it's still a work in progress and some features and functionality haven't been fully implemented yet. It does have a lot of potential, especially if they can seamlessly integrate it with ChartFX.