Software FX Community

IndexOutOfRangeException when setting AxisX.Min with a Date Axis?

Darin Daubert

I've been getting an IndexOutOfRangeException on my graphs when I set the AxisX.Min and AxisX.Max when my axis format is a date format.  I've attached a sample app recreating the issue I'm getting.  The strange thing is that if you remove the WindowState=Maximized in XAML, I no longer get the error.  Alternatively, I can also remove the AxisX.Min and AxisX.Max calls, and I no longer get the error.  Unfortunately, in my project, I need to be able to set the Min and Max dates.  Can you take a look at the example and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again!Darin

You have to do the following

1. Move the BindingPathX from AllSeriesAttributes to the Series in the Chart.Series collection. We do not try to use any of the BindingPath* properties from AllSeries

2. Remove the BindingPath from AxisLabelAttributes: You should not use this property when using XY charts.
  3. Remove the AxisX.AutoScale = false setting, this is not necessary as we will set it to false internally when you set Min and Max

I would also recommend that to improve the formatting in your X axis you choose one of the following

• If you know your data will never include more than a day you can set Format="Time" and CustomFormat="hh:mm"

• If your data might include more than a day you might want to set Format="DateTime" (no CustomFormat required)

JuanC