Software FX Community

Changing LegendBox series labels

Darin Daubert

I currently have two series that are bound to a business object.  The property names in the business object (let's say for this example TotalBonuses and AvgSalary) are not the labels I'd like shown in the LegendBox.  Is there a way to override the labels to show something else?  I'd prefer doing it in XAML, but if I have to in-code, that's also fine.

Thank-you!Darin

I think I found a way to do this -- I basically ended up creating my own DataTemplate.  However, since both series would have to bind to a different label property on my business object, I'd have to create DataTemplates for each series.  Is my approach the best way or is there another cleaner way?

<cfx:Chart.Series>   <cfx:SeriesAttributesCollection>   <cfx:SeriesAttributes BindingPath="TotalBonuses">   <cfx:SeriesAttributes.ContentTemplate>   <DataTemplate>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding TotalBonusesLabel}" />   </DataTemplate>   </cfx:SeriesAttributes.ContentTemplate>   </cfx:SeriesAttributes>   <cfx:SeriesAttributes BindingPath="AvgSalary">   <cfx:SeriesAttributes.ContentTemplate>   <DataTemplate>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding AvgSalaryLabel}" />   </DataTemplate>   </cfx:SeriesAttributes.ContentTemplate>   </cfx:SeriesAttributes>   </cfx:SeriesAttributesCollection>   </cfx:Chart.Series>

Ah -- that makes perfect sense.

Here is what my object hierarchy looks like- ViewModel object (contains the TotalBonusesLabel property) - Employees   - Employee (contains the TotalBonus property)

The Chart's DataContext is the ViewModel, and the ItemSource is Employees.

For my binding on the SeriesAttributes object, I'm using a relative source to get back to my ViewModel object for the label:Example: {Binding Path=DataContext.TotalBonusesLabel, RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type cfx:Chart}}}Thank-you for the quick response!Darin

I just tried the following and it seemed to work without the RelativeSource in the binding

<cfx:Chart Gallery="Bar" ItemsSource="{Binding Path=Employees}" x:Name="chart1">

<cfx:Chart.Series>

<cfx:SeriesAttributes BindingPath="TotalBonuses" Content="{Binding Path=TotalBonusesLabel}"/>

</cfx:Chart.Series>

</cfx:Chart>

JuanC