Software FX Community

Problem with Y axis labels while using log scale

anitha

I am using ChartFX 6.5 for Java.I am not getting the y axis labelproperly when i set yaxis to log scale.I have used the following code.   ch.getAxisY().setLogBase(10);    ch.getAxisY().setStep(10);    ch.getAxisY().setMinorStep(10);   ch.getAxisY().setAutoScale(false);   ch.getAxisY().setMin(yMin);   ch.getAxisY().setMax(yMax);TheyMin is 7.00 and yMax is 10.54.All the data values are in the range8.For this condition I am not seeing any Ylabel on the yaxis. When Ichanged the Ymax value to 100.00 I am getting only one Ylabel value 97.00. Similarly when the Yaxis scale is set to 2.718281828;Ymin=5.00 and Ymax=100.00 I am getting Ylabels as 7.718,22.496,42.582.Couldyou please explain me the behavior how the Yaxis label is set whileusing log scale. Also how can i set the Ylabels in the desired rangelike 8.0,9.0.10.00 while using log scale.

• 1 month later...

The LogBase property will set a logarithmic scale for a numerical axis and recalculate the values as powers equal to the setting of this property. If your data values are in the range 8, none of them reaches the "10 value" that is the first label that will appear in a 10 LogBase