Software FX Community

Charts / Bar diagrams not working on production server

sabin

Hi..

I am using a trial version of chartfx in VS 2003, the web page works fine on my development server but when I upload it on production server for a demo it throws following error message.

Do I need to modify some setting in webconfig?

Thanks

Sabin

Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\chartfx62\temp\CFV0415_02214415333.CHW'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\chartfx62\temp\CFV0415_02214415333.CHW'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\chartfx62\temp\CFV0415_02214415333.CHW'.]   SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Server.Chart.8F(String 16Z, String 170, String& 171, String& 172, String 173, Int32& 174) +476   SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Server.Chart.SaveViewState() +149   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +59   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +156   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive() +156   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +466   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2357

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

The problem you are reporting is very likely caused by the fact that probably the Chartfx62 virtual directory has not been configured in IIS. The configuration is done automatically when the installation is run. Did you run the Chart FX installation on that machine?

Please note that besides the configuration of the virtual directories, you are required to run Chart FX installation in order to create the license information that gets embedded in the registry.

I would suggest you to reinstall the product. Please follow next steps to reinstall Chart FX 6.2.

If you need further  assistance, please send an email to support@softwarefx.com.

Best Regards,

RocioZ

Software FX Support

www.softwarefx.com