Software FX Community

Scrollbar for Data Grid in Bar Graphs Is Inactive / Grayed-out

jamaljna

If I have many series in my data grid, a scrollbar will beautomatically inserted, but it is grayed out and I am unable to use it.How can I activate the scrollbar so I can view the rest of the series?

I combed thru the different options in design view but I have not found anything useful. I have yet to use the code view.

Eventually it will also used as part of a report webpart in a Sharepoint 3.0 portal.

Thanks!

P.S. - I think we use ChartFX Reporting Serv. However, we do have interactive drill-down on the charts.

Hi,

Please note that Chart FX for Reporting Services does not provide any interactivity on the generated charts other than the possibility of drill downs and tool tips. Charts in reporting services are simply flat images with an image map. Scrolling, zooming or any advanced interactive features are not available in this platform. The reason you see the scrollbar  is due to the fact that Chart FX for Reporting Services uses our Asp.Net control which does provide full interactivity with the use of AJAX.

Now, in regards to creating your own web part, it will all depend on how you plan to create the reports. If you will just create a web part that hosts a Report viewer control  and that report viewer points to a Reporting Server, then you need nothing special as long as Chart FX for reporting services is installed on that server. it will not need to be installed on the Sharepoint server.

On the other hand, if you plan to create your own reporting web part by adding data visualization controls directly to the web part, you will  definitely need to use the Asp.Net 2.0 component in Chart FX 7. If this is the case, you will be able to have fully interactive charts in your sharepoint app.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

TT