Software FX Community

Confusion about rendering/zoom function

Larsmoll

Hello all!

I have been toying with my project using VS2008 and ChartFX7.0. My web is deployed on a IIS7.0. I have been able to get the PSS working properly. The client is displaying the chart/toolbar properly but some of the commands (Zoom for instance doesn't work properly). Now I wonder:

1. To get the Zoombox with rubberband which I have seen somewhere here on this web, do I have to render the chart as .Net? Now the zoom only gives a menu of 25,50% etc., and it doesn't even work properly. I render it as Image.

2. If I render the chart as Image and using javascript to create the rubberband zoombox; do I need another trip to the server or can I manipulate the chart/image on the client thru javascripts. (I want to zoom some of the data, recalculate my axis etc).

I have some considerations: My web must work with all kinds of browsers and I do not want any kind of plugin on the client. Thats why I choose to use the Image rendering. But I might have misunderstood something.

TIA

Lars

:-))