Software FX Community

Chart FX Maps -- Costum SVG

Bernhard

Hello.

I am a beginner on Chart Fx Maps. I have an Costum SVG. How can i use this SVG and Data.( see Attachement)?

I dont see the Svg on the chart.

What have i todo?

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//Make plot rectangle bigger inside chart area

Chart1.PlotAreaMargin.Bottom = 1;

Chart1.PlotAreaMargin.Top = 1;

Chart1.PlotAreaMargin.Right = 1;

Chart1.PlotAreaMargin.Left = -1;

//Configure Map LabelLinks, Svg and Data

string textData = Resources.Resource.TextFile;

TextProvider cfxText = new TextProvider(new System.IO.StringReader(textData));

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.DataSource = cfxText;

Map1.MapSource = @"~/App_Data/ooe.svg"; 

Chart1.LegendBox.Visible = true;

Chart1.AllSeries.PointLabels.Visible = true;

Thanks

Bernhard

I had trouble loading this SVG with Adobe Illustrator; the SVG shows blank. Furthermore, there are no labels set for the map regions; this explains why you are unable to populate data to the custom map. In addition, there are no shapes set when opening this file with Adobe.

Did you created this custom SVG? If so, can you provide me with the Illustrator file used? In any case, I would like for you to follow the steps outlined on the following link as those same steps can be applied when creating a custom map for ChartFX Maps. Please follow the link below:

http://community.softwarefx.com/blogs/powergadgets_team_blog/archive/2007/04/12/Creating-Custom-SVGs-for-PowerGadgets.aspx

Once you properly create this custom SVG, test it and see if you are able to view it in your application. If you replicate the issue, please provide me with the new SVG you have created and a sample project where I can replicate this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived