Software FX Community

Toolbar buttons do not work in Firefox

surprisedpoultry

Hello,

I am trying to run the samples for chartFX (version 7.0) in Firefox and I got some strange behavior with the toolbar buttons.

I just took the sample for Borders and Backgrounds and modified the aspx code to use ToolBar-Visible="true" on the chartfx:chart tag.

That works really well, the toolbar shows and I can use it. However, in Firefox, whenever I click on one of those buttons. The chart disappears and I have to reload the page to get it back. In IE, the behavior is as expected.I search the forums for answers but only 12 posts referred to Firefox when I searched.

Am I missing some extra parameters?

Thanks in advance

-Francis 

ChartFX for Visual Studio 2005 works as expected up until version 2.0.0.7. This build of Firefox was recently released and they have acknowledged that there are some problems with it; therefore, this is a problem with Firefox and not ChartFX. Below is an article from Firefox regarding this:

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2007/10/22/firefox-2008-update-to-be-updated/

They're going to be releasing a new build some time next week. If problems continue, please let us know so we can further test our component against such Firefox build.

Archived