Software FX Community

Master table and detail table problem

julio15

Hello.#1: I would like to know how I can obtain the index of the item that one wants to expand to gather information, for example:String Province = Grid1. Articles [0] .DataValues ["idProvincia"] .ToString ();In this case there is gathered the value of the first element but I don't know how to catch the value of the one that expands, that can be any position.#2: How I can do to get the values of an element in a detail table, since in the previous question I do it for the master table.Thank you,  

Julio

Julio,

I'm a little confused.  Are you looking for a specific data value from an item that has just been expanded by the user?  Also, Grid1.Articles[0] won't work - you're using Grid1.Items[x], right?  To get a child grid, you can do something like this:

Grid childGrid = Grid1.Items[x].DetailsCell.FindControl("Grid2");

childGrid......

The first part - Grid1.Items[x].DetailsCell - locates the expanded area of one of the parent grid's items.  Then it calls FindControl, using the ID set on the child grid.  That should give you exactly what you need. 

If you can provide me with some more details on your first point, I'll be able to help further.  I'm looking forward to your reply.

Hello,
first thank you very much for the response.

In the
first case I wanted to ask you how can I get the position of the
element that has been expanded
by the user. For example, if the grid have five elements, I want to know who
of the five was the expanded, which would be the x
in the response that you gave to me (Grid1.Items[x]).

In the
second case I test it and it works very well.

Sorry for my bad English, thank you very much again,

Julio

Archived