Software FX Community

change colors on pie chart

gbeford

Gina,

There is no way to conditionally change the pie colors basedon data. However, If what you need is to simply define colors individually for the Pie slices, you can use the "Edit-Chart In Place" feature available in the smart tags wizard. You can then right click on each slice and change the color. If you are dont know exactly how many slices your pie will have, you can set the number of points in the property grid to a high number so you can see all the slices at design time.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you so much for the help however it does not seem to be working as you say... If I right click on a slice and change the color it does not see to work when i run it... I wonder if i am doing something wrong... I right clicked and when i saw the works color i changed it saved the change but... Is that not the place i should be change it?

• 8 months later...

Hi Tomas,

I have the same problem as Gina. It's seems possible to change the colors of only the first ten slices.

I followed your advice and setted the number of point to a greater value. New slices appeared in the "Edit-Chart in Place", but it's impossible to customise them. The contextual menu appears, I can choose the colors, but the settings doesn't apply when used on any slide other than the first ten.

I attached a screen shot where I'm clicking on the blue slice, previously set to yellow. As you can see, the interface remembered that yellow was selected, but still draw the slice in blue. Every slice after the tenth share the last setting (here yellow) but are drawn with the official palette colors. 

Any idea how to set more slices?

Do you think you could include a palette with only grayscales in it?

Archived