Jump to content
Software FX Community

Controlling colors on Gantt charts?


User (Legacy)
 Share

Recommended Posts

How do I control the colors on Gantt charts? Especially to control the color

for "segments"?

I have many projects (let's say 10 for now) and each project has the same 4

phases to them.

Desired result: Phase 1 is Yellow, Phase 2 Green, etc. for all projects.

In the Gantt examples it refers to series and segments. Here series =

projects and segments = phases.

If I do the following:

objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

it results in the first segment (phase) being yellow for ALL projects

(series).

However, if I try it for other phases, such as below

objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

objChart.Series(1).Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' Green

objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

I get an error message - "Unknown runtime error"

Thanks,

Karl

post-2107-13922392311124_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried using the:

objChart.MultipleColors = True

Approach.

The results are that I get a "shift" in the colors that matches the number

of "phases".

That is, if I use 4 phases, then 25% have color 1 as the first phase, then

it shifts to the second 25% have color 2, the third 25% have color 3 and the

last 25% have color 4 as the color of the first phase.

What am I missing when taking this approach to getting the phases color

coded?

Thanks,

Karl

"Karl" <karl@lgc.com> wrote in message

news:R7O0pFCYBHA.1472@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> How do I control the colors on Gantt charts? Especially to control the

color

> for "segments"?

> I have many projects (let's say 10 for now) and each project has the same

4

> phases to them.

> Desired result: Phase 1 is Yellow, Phase 2 Green, etc. for all projects.

> In the Gantt examples it refers to series and segments. Here series =

> projects and segments = phases.

>

> If I do the following:

> objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> it results in the first segment (phase) being yellow for ALL projects

> (series).

>

> However, if I try it for other phases, such as below

> objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> objChart.Series(1).Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' Green

> objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> I get an error message - "Unknown runtime error"

>

> Thanks,

> Karl

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Karl,

If you have X# of data points on a graph and want to use MultipleColors, you

need to do your OpenDataEx with that number of colors (X#). You then need

to set the colors for each point 1 at a time (Check the documentation on

this..you take #point + #series etc to set the color). If I understand what

you are seeing, every 4th point is the same color, right?

I have not used Gantt charts, so I am a bit clueless there.

Abe

I think

"Karl" <karl@lgc.com> wrote in message

news:SymhbJDYBHA.2752@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> I tried using the:

> objChart.MultipleColors = True

> Approach.

> The results are that I get a "shift" in the colors that matches the number

> of "phases".

> That is, if I use 4 phases, then 25% have color 1 as the first phase, then

> it shifts to the second 25% have color 2, the third 25% have color 3 and

the

> last 25% have color 4 as the color of the first phase.

>

> What am I missing when taking this approach to getting the phases color

> coded?

>

> Thanks,

> Karl

>

> "Karl" <karl@lgc.com> wrote in message

> news:R7O0pFCYBHA.1472@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > How do I control the colors on Gantt charts? Especially to control the

> color

> > for "segments"?

> > I have many projects (let's say 10 for now) and each project has the

same

> 4

> > phases to them.

> > Desired result: Phase 1 is Yellow, Phase 2 Green, etc. for all projects.

> > In the Gantt examples it refers to series and segments. Here series =

> > projects and segments = phases.

> >

> > If I do the following:

> > objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> > objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> > objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> > it results in the first segment (phase) being yellow for ALL projects

> > (series).

> >

> > However, if I try it for other phases, such as below

> > objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> > objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> > objChart.Series(1).Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' Green

> > objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> > I get an error message - "Unknown runtime error"

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Karl

> >

> >

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That did the trick.

If I have n projects and m phases per project I was only opening m colors.

I changed the code to open (n*m) colors and everything worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help,

Karl

"Abram Krebs" <duckwood@erols.com> wrote in message

news:DmZm$2YYBHA.2488@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> Karl,

>

> If you have X# of data points on a graph and want to use MultipleColors,

you

> need to do your OpenDataEx with that number of colors (X#). You then need

> to set the colors for each point 1 at a time (Check the documentation on

> this..you take #point + #series etc to set the color). If I understand

what

> you are seeing, every 4th point is the same color, right?

>

> I have not used Gantt charts, so I am a bit clueless there.

>

> Abe

>

>

> I think

> "Karl" <karl@lgc.com> wrote in message

> news:SymhbJDYBHA.2752@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > I tried using the:

> > objChart.MultipleColors = True

> > Approach.

> > The results are that I get a "shift" in the colors that matches the

number

> > of "phases".

> > That is, if I use 4 phases, then 25% have color 1 as the first phase,

then

> > it shifts to the second 25% have color 2, the third 25% have color 3 and

> the

> > last 25% have color 4 as the color of the first phase.

> >

> > What am I missing when taking this approach to getting the phases color

> > coded?

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Karl

> >

> > "Karl" <karl@lgc.com> wrote in message

> > news:R7O0pFCYBHA.1472@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > > How do I control the colors on Gantt charts? Especially to control the

> > color

> > > for "segments"?

> > > I have many projects (let's say 10 for now) and each project has the

> same

> > 4

> > > phases to them.

> > > Desired result: Phase 1 is Yellow, Phase 2 Green, etc. for all

projects.

> > > In the Gantt examples it refers to series and segments. Here series =

> > > projects and segments = phases.

> > >

> > > If I do the following:

> > > objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> > > objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> > > objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> > > it results in the first segment (phase) being yellow for ALL projects

> > > (series).

> > >

> > > However, if I try it for other phases, such as below

> > > objChart.OpenDataEx COD_COLORS,intProjectCount, 0

> > > objChart.Series(0).Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) ' Yellow

> > > objChart.Series(1).Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' Green

> > > objChart.CloseData COD_COLORS

> > > I get an error message - "Unknown runtime error"

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Karl

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...