Software FX Community

X Axis Date Format issue

FSzymanski

Hello,

I'm trying to build a chart using data from my database with dates on the x axis.  This data may not match up to the current date, so I was attempting to change the format of the x axis labels from the month with an indication of a change in month (e.g. "January `11") to have the format MM-yyyy.  Below is a snippet of setup code that I used:

chart1.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.LongDate;   chart1.AxisX.LabelsFormat.CustomFormat = "MM-yyyy";   chart1.AxisX.DataFormat.Format = AxisFormat.LongDate;   chart1.AxisX.DataFormat.CustomFormat = "MM-dd-yyyy";   chart1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];   chart1.AxisX.AutoScale = false;   chart1.View3D.Enabled = true;   chart1.View3D.Cluster = true;   chart1.AllSeries.Border.BetweenSegments = true;   chart1.AllSeries.Border.Width = 3;

When I run the simple app with these settings, I first get a chart that has labels for every other month with the correct format.  As I increase the size of the chart, there comes a point where the label switch to the default long date text containing just the month name.  If I continue to increase the size of the display, I reach another point where I have multiple labels for the same month.

If I add a line setting the X Axis step to 30, then the formatting that I setup is ignored completely and the LongDate formatting is always used.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

~Frank