Software FX Community

problem with interop chartfx dlls while converting from asp to aspx

madhu.mahesh23

Hi,

We are using "chartfx internet designer 6.2" version in our application, and we have few things to ask you,

In our application we are using asp files and it is working fine with this version. When i tried to convert it from asp to aspx, i added reference to "ChartFX.ASP.Core.dll" and it becomes "interop.Cfx62Asp.dll". The problem is, the return type of the functions changes from asp to aspx, ie.,

1. In asp im able to use "Response.Write chart.GetHtmlData("100%", "100%", "activeX") " but in Asp.net its not allowing to use "Response.Write(chart.GetHtmlData("100%", "100%", "activeX")) ". Its showing that "chart.GetHtmlData("100%", "100%", "activeX")" is returning void.

2. In asp.net the function "GetHtmlData(object, object, string,object)" asking for four parameters, which is asking only 3 params in asp.

3. In asp.net im getting this error at GetHtmlTag.

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Source Error:

Line 40:     imageborder = new Cfx62AspBorders.ImageBorder();Line 41:     chart.BorderObject = imageborder;

Is there any alternate way to do this? or am i doing any mistake?, and one more thing,

is this version compatible to use with aspx?.

I came to know there is chartfx version for .Net, do this "chartfx internet designer 6.2" version enough to work with .Net or do we need any lastet version?