Software FX Community

Assigning DataSet to Chartfx object

gopikrish

In asp.net in VS2005 for webform, I have a DataSet which has the resultset from a table.

And I am assigning it to Chart object as follows,

Chart1.DataSource = ds.tables[0];

Chart1.DataBind();

But instead of assigning a full table to Chart object, I need to assign a certain columns alone to it. Is that possible?

Like will this work as given below...

Chart1.DataSource = ds.tables[0].Columns[4];

Chart1.DataSource = ds.tables[0].Columns[5];

Thanks in advance.

Hi gopikrish

You can try adding some FieldMap object to the DataSourceSettings.  Those objects allows you to configure how Chart FX will store the data provided by the DataProvider.  Please check the following code:

chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Date",FieldUsage.XValue));   chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("High",FieldUsage.Value));   chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Low",FieldUsage.Value));   chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Closed",FieldUsage.Value));   chart1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0]; 

More information in Chart FX Samples & Resource Center >>> API Reference >>> Chart FX WebForms >>> DataSourceSetttings Class >>> Properties >>> Fields.

Carlos Chaves