Software FX Community

AnnotationText Border inset

mcstoufer

When adding an AnnotationText object with a colored border to a chart, I'm noticing that the text is anchored to the top-left portion of the border. Using the siteToFit() method does not fix this.

I tried to change the alignment and the text still stays at the top of the bounding box.

How do I add some padding around the text and the border?

http://energyiq.lbl.gov/images/annotationText.tiff

I have attached an image to this post, so hopefully it shows up. (http://energyiq.lbl.gov/images/annotationText.tiff)

Hi mcstoufer

Please contact Software FX Support at support[at]softwarefx[dot]com. Please provide us with the simplest form of the code (small compliable sample project) that reproduces the problem. Please remove the extra-code that is not related to Chart FX. Include your product serial number and/or support account in order to properly track your incidents.

Carlos Chaves

CJU70************Keep in mind that this is extracted from a JSF Managed Bean context, so the main() doesn't really exist. Also, this is being rendered on a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.4 with Java 1.6.Annotations annots = new Annotations();Font font = new Font("Helvetica", Font.PLAIN, 11);Color fontColor = Color.decode("0x464646");Color annotBubbleColor = Color.decode("0x9F4B9E");AnnotationArrow yourArrow = new AnnotationArrow();AnnotationText yourBldg = new AnnotationText();annots.getList().add(yourArrow);annots.getList().add(yourBldg);yourBldg.setFont(font);yourBldg.setTextColor(fontColor);yourBldg.setColor(java.awt.Color.WHITE);yourBldg.getBorder().setColor(annotBubbleColor);yourArrow.getBorder().setColor(annotBubbleColor);yourArrow.getBorder().setWidth(4);yourBldg.setText(String.format("Your Building:\n101 kW/h\n15th percentile"));yourBldg.setOrientation(0);yourBldg.setLineAlignment(StringAlignment.FAR);  // Tried the other two enum values here w/no apparent change.yourBldg.sizeToFit();yourBldg.attach(50, 50);yourArrow.setHeight(70);yourArrow.setWidth(0);yourArrow.attach(50,75);chart.getExtensions().add(annots);

Hi mcstoufer

I was unable to reproduce the issue, I changed the StringAlignment and it is working fine for me.  I recommend you to contact our support service by mail.  Please notice that the image you add to current forum is not visible, please include it to your mail.

Carlos Chaves