Software FX Community

Help with Chart FX

bawer

Hi my name is Alejandro Garcia, i'm having a little problem with my current chart fx deployment, turns out I have a Visual Studio 2008 Web Site Project and i using chart fx, when i'm working on my local environment everything works fine, but when i upload my project to my test server the chart image in the browser is not showing like if it was a not known element with the typical "x" icon or like if it can't find the image or something wrong its going on.

My test server is already a web server and have chart fx installed, this is my teset server iis configuration:

Site1

|

--------Folder1

|

--------ChartFX70(virtual directory)

|

--------MyAppChartFX(Application)

|

------------Folder1

|

------------ChartFX70(virtual directory)

|

---------Download

|

---------PSS(Application)

|

---------Temp

|

------------Default.aspx

|

------------Default2.aspx

And the physical path of MyAppChartFX is for example: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyAppChartFX

But the physical path of Site1 is: D:\inetpub\Site1

As you can see the MyAppChartFX application is an application inside of another application in this case Site1 so i don't know if this could be affecting or generating the problem.

Also as you can see i have two ChartFX70 virtual directories poiting to "c:\program files\Chart FX 7\chartfx70" installation folder for each application Site1 and MyAppChartFX.

Please I'm asking you if you can help me out resolving this problem, i really appreciate it.

Thanks for everything

I'm identifying the problem and when i access the application via iis it seems that it has to do with permissions because it doesn't create the images of the charts in the temporary folder, i don't know why but it doesn't.. But when Im access the application via Visual Studio 2008 all works perfectly