Software FX Community

Tag Lib examples with Managed Bean backing

mcstoufer

I couldn't find any examples in any of the Samples directory of the Trial download. Plenty of JSF stuff. Can Software FX post some?

I'm also having trouble with getting my existing JSP calling the chartserver tag. It seems that the backing bean is working just fine and is generating what appears to be a valid chartserver object. However, the page fails to render when it comes to display. I get a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch error at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)  when the following tag gets evaluated.

<p>Am I missing additional tags here? I'm guessing the request/response parameters aren't visible somewhere.</p>

<cfx:chartserver width="800" id="freqDistChart" height="325" binding="#{FrequencyDistManagedBean.chartComp}"/>

I worked through this some more and added code to resolve the context, request, and response objects that are passed the the ChartServer() init method.

I also added a call to the renderControl() method of the chartserver object after it was all setup.

Now I'm getting a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: series is out of range  error from com.softwarefx.sfxnet.internal.fu.<init>(SourceFile:15) that is triggered by this call.

I'm really stumped.

I though I would add the appropriate portion of the stacktrace:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exceptionjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)   at com.sun.faces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.setValue(PropertyResolverImpl.java:198)   at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ArraySuffix.setValue(ArraySuffix.java:212)   at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ComplexValue.setValue(ComplexValue.java:191)   at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.setValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:216)   at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.createComponent(ApplicationImpl.java:413)   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.createComponent(UIComponentTag.java:1019)   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.createChild(UIComponentTag.java:1046)   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.findComponent(UIComponentTag.java:761)   at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:451)   at com.softwarefx.jsf.internal.l.doStartTag(SourceFile:27)   at org.apache.jsp.plot.FrequencyDistChart_jsp._jspx_meth_cfx_005fchartserver_005f0(FrequencyDistChart_jsp.java:263)

• 1 month later...