Software FX Community

Truncation using copy to clipboard

mathieu.daigle

I guess I posted on the wrong forum:

http://community.softwarefx.com/forums/t/6979.aspx

Let me repeat here.

Hi,I am using the 'Copy To Clipboard' functionality built in the toolbar of theChartFx control.I zoom in on the chart and then do a 'Copy To Cliboard As a bitmap' and thenpaste it on a MS word document.The bitmap copied is actually truncated. What we see in the chart view andwhat we see in the word document don't matchAny pointers, help greatly appreciated.I use ChartFx 98 in VB.ThanksVasudevan Belakavadi

-------------------

We are unable to reproduce the problem. Can you please send a screen-shot ofthe problem.Also, what version of Chart FX are you using ?-- FP
Software FX, Inc.

--------------------

I have the exact same issue.

First time I hit "Copy as a Bitmap" or "Copy as a Metafile" and paste
in Word for example I get a truncated chart like this:

Posted Image
De ChartFX
Screenshots

http://picasaweb.google.com/mathieu.daigle/ChartFXScreenshots#5459266183805405378Then, second time I hit Copy and paste, I get the correct
version like this:

Posted Image
De ChartFX
Screenshots

Note: Ignore the black portion in the title, it is only to protect
some information.

Do you have a better workaround than asking my
users to hit copy twice?

I use: 7.0.3656.30235 which appears to
be the latest.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mathieu

Hi Mathieu,

I have not been able to replicate the issue. The first time I hit "Copy as a Bitmap" or "Copy as a Metafile" and paste it in Word, the chart is pasted and displayed as expected. I am using the same version (7.0.3656.30235).

We will need to replicate the problem you are experiencing on our side. Please send us an email to support at softwarefx dot com and provide us with the simplest form of the code (small compilable sample) that reproduces the problem. Since other lines of code could be causing the problem, please isolate the sample including only the code that replicates the issue in question. Please remove the extra-code that is not related to Chart FX so we can focus on the problem itself.

Regards,