Software FX Community

Custom AxisSection context menu ( ContextMenuAxisSection ?)

jhopper28

I'm creating an AxisSection and highlighting it in the MouseDown, MouseMove and MouseUp events, and now I need to add some context menu items that appear only when the user right-clicks that section of the grid. I was guessing that I should use CommandId.ContextMenuAxisSection, but I can't find any explanation of it in the documentation or online, and I can't seem to get such a context menu to appear. When that section is right-clicked, the ContextMenuAxis appears, so I'm adding my menu items to that for now, but I really don't want those menu items to be available when the user actually clicks the axis. Is there a way to do what I want to do? What is the ContextMenuAxisSection used for?

Unfortunately, according to SoftwareFX support, you can't create your own Context Menu to be used only when you right click on the Axis Section.

As a workaround, I'm adding the Context Menu Items to the Axis Context Menu and disabling the Context Menu Items depending where you the user is clicking, which is revealed in the MouseClick event's e (HitTestEventArgs) parameter. Something like this:

Private Const MyCommandID As Integer = 1

Private Sub Chart_MouseClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As ChartFX.WinForms.HitTestEventArgs) _

Handles Chart.MouseClick

If e.Button = MouseButtons.Right Then

Chart.Commands(MyCommandID).Enabled = (e.HitType = HitType.AxisSection)

End If

End Sub