Software FX Community

Display Text in Bar for Bar Chart

Ankur

Hi,

I want to display text in my bar Chart. Ho can I go ahead with that . Secondly I want to make invisible the one axis of the two given axis. For eg. we have to Axes for Y but I want do make the second one invisible. Such as Only one Y Axis appears but not the second one. For reference to both of the see the picture attached.

Hi Ankur

Regarding your first question, you can use AnnotationText objects.  All information related to this object is available in Chart FX Samples & Resource Center, that is automatically added when you Install Chart FX 7 on your machine.  Please check the following code, it shows you how to add an AnnotationText:

SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Annotation.AnnotationX annotx = new SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Annotation.AnnotationX();

chart1.Extensions.Add(annotx);

AnnotationText text = new AnnotationText();

annotx.List.Add(text);

text.TextColor = Color.Blue;

text.Text = "Sample Text";

text.Height = 50;

text.Width = 50;

text.Top = 40;

text.Left = 40;

text.Refresh();

Now, regarding your second question, if you want to make the axis invisible, you can use the following code:

AxisY newAxis = Chart1.AxesY[1];   -- Index 0 = the first Y axis and index 1 is the 2nd  Y axis

newAxis.Visible = false;

Carlos Chaves

Thanks for the quick reply, The solution for first problem works good. But for second, by Axis I mean the grey color border which is appearing with the chart I want the right border to be invisible

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ankohli/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif