Jump to content
Software FX Community

Charts not displaying - Object Expected error


Daveye
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

 

We have a website that uses ChartFX7 webforms deployed on two servers. The servers are pretty much the same (both Windows Server 2003) except one has VS2008 installed on it and the other doesn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please make sure you have the ChartFX70 virtual folder on IIS at the root of your application, and that this folder is mapped to C:\Program Files\Chart FX 7\ChartFX70. Also, this virtual folder needs to have read/write permissions, and the PSS sub-folder needs to be running as an application on IIS and able to execute scripts only. 

 

Additionally, please go to the services console (Administrative Tools > Services) and check if PSS service is running. If not, please start it.

With or without PSS, are you able to see the chart in your page?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi rocioZ,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the settings that you mentioned and everything was already set the same as you suggested, except for the fact that the ChartFX70 virtual folder didn't have write permissions set on it. However, I changed the virtual folder settings to allow write and the charts still aren't being displayed.

I also checked the services and the PSS service is running. I stopped the PSS service and the charts still aren't displayed, so that doesn't seem to make any difference either.

Is there anything else that could be preventing the charts from being displayed on the production server?

Cheers

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

Hi Shally,

I meant to put a post on here after i finally fixed the issue, but I totally forgot!

Basically the cause of this problem in my case was due to the privelages for the IUSR_<machinename> user (the user that is used for anonynous web access) being too restrictive. In actual fact on the mchine that i had this problem on, the IUSR_<machinename> user had been put into 3 different account groups - it was in the Guests group and IIS_WPG group (which are both standard windows groups) and it was also in a 3rd group that had been created by the network admins. I've no idea how the IUSR_<machinename> user ended up in 3 different groups, but removing the user from the Guests and IIS_WPG groups fixed the issue.

On other servers that I use the IUSR_<machinename> user is normally in the Guests group, so I probably could have just left it in that group and removed from the other two and that would have worked too.

So basically i would suggest firstly checking the user and group configurations on your server to see if the same is true on your server. If IUSR_<machinename> is still only in one group then i'd suggest checking the priveleges for that group in case they are too restrictive.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Cheers, Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...