Software FX Community

How to add my own Command to the Context Menu?

MasterMind

Hello,

I would like to create my own item in the Context Menu (the one that appears when righ-clicking on a chart).

I've tried:

Command myCommand = this.Commands[CommandId.ContextMenuBack]; myCommand.SubCommands.Add(CommandId.About); 

But the method Add() of SubCommands only takes a CommandId, so I don't see how I can add my own item.

Thank you!

Hi MasterMind

You can customize the toolbar or contextMenu, adding items. Then you can code the action you want for each item. Following is a code sample showing how you can add a toolbar item.

// Creates a new command with CommandId CommandCollection commands = chart1.Commands; Command command = new Command (1); command.Style = CommandStyles .TwoState; command.Text = "New Toolbar Entry" ; command.ImageIndex = 1;

// Adds the new command to the commands collection chart1.Commands.Add(command);

// Creates a new toolbar entry and inserts it after the specified position ToolBarItem tbItem = new ToolBarItem (); tbItem.CommandId = 1; chart1.ToolBar.Insert(0, tbItem);

Following is a code sample how you can code the action for the toolbar item.

private void chart1_UserCommand( object sender, CommandUIEventArgs e) {   if (e.CommandId == "Your Command ID" )   {   // Your code goes here...   } }

-- Pipon

• 9 months later...