Software FX Community

reading custom tags from input xml to charts.

shobhit

HI,

I am trying to pass on some additional information to the charts and i want it to be passed along with the XML as custom tags to it so that i can later on retrieve it for specific purpose.

Is there a  way using chartFX api calls i can read in those custom tags, like the way we do in SAX parsing.

eg of my input xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?><CHARTFX>  <REPORTTYPES>charts,grids</REPORTTYPES>  <COLUMNS>   <COLUMN NAME="c0" TYPE="String" DESCRIPTION="abc" />   <COLUMN NAME="c1" TYPE="Double" DESCRIPTION="xyz" />   <COLUMN NAME="c2" TYPE="Double" DESCRIPTION="Count" />  </COLUMNS>  <ROW c0="a" c2="10.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="b" c2="17.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="c" c1="107727.0" c2="389.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="d" c1="-13481.0" c2="489.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="e" c1="61012.0" c2="501.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="f" c1="107264.0" c2="981.0"></ROW>  <ROW c0="g" c1="-5998.0" c2="95.0"></ROW></CHARTFX>

here in this case i want to read the value provided in custom tags named "REPORTTYPES"

Thanx,

Shobhit