Software FX Community

interactive png(capture mouse events) (ChartFX for Java 6.5)

koolheadjones

Hi,

We are using Chart class to create charts and export to PNG format(using a ByteArrayOutputStream) and then write out the bytes usingservletoutputstream in a Servlet. The charts render fine on the web page but I am having a hard time trying to get mouse interaction after rendering the images in PNG format (essentially trying to capture mouse click or mouse over events).  Is there any setting I am missing? Or do I need to use ChartServer class and render as FLASH to get the required functionality? Any examples/samples related to the topic that I can look at?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you can't do this if you are using Chart object; this because when you export the chart as an Image, you are only producing a simple image without any code. To capture events from the image, you must use ChartServer object so when you export the chart, it will be exported with the required javascript to handle interactivity.