Software FX Community

bubble chart : keep bubble size static

binukjohn

Hi,

I am using a bubble chart. I see that as the number of bubbles in the chart increases, the bubbles are shrinking. As a result, if there are more than 100 bubbles in the chart, each bubble becomes a tiny dot.I dont want this behavior. Does anyone know how to keep the  bubble size static?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Well, since the second series of the bubble chart controls the size of the bubble, you just need to modify the values in this second series. By doing so, you will be modifying the size of the bubble.

For example, if you want to set a fixed size for the first bubble, you just need to modify the first point in the second series as follows:

chart1.Data[1, 0] = 10; //Bubble Size for bubble on point 1

Regards,

RandyJ

Thanks for the suggestion. However, this is not what I meant. I dont want all bubbles to be of the same size. The bubble size is controlled by actual data. The problem is that as the number of bubbles increases, the size if reducing for all bubbles.

eg : if there are 10 bubbles. Suppose A and B are 2 of those bubbles.Data value of A= 3 and Data value of B=5. Now , in my chart, bubble A is smaller that bubble B. Both A and B are perfectly visible in teh chart.

Now, if the number of bubbles = 100. Suppose A and B are 2 of those bubbles.Data value of A= 3 and Data value of B=5 same as above. This time also A is smaller than B. But the overall size of A and B has reduced. A looks like a tiny dot in my chart.

I dont want this behavior.

Hi,

Chart FX automatically reduces the bubbles' size so that they can fit in the plot area. Otherwise, some bubbles would be missing or may overlap. What you can do in this case is enable scrolling in the chart so that you can scroll to the left or right in order to see all the bubbles, and they will not shrink.

Regards,

RandyJ

• 7 months later...

You're problem is that a bubble chart has a maximum allowable bubble size. The largest plotted bubble value is scaled to this size. Then every other point in the data is set relative to that largest value.

I'm having a similar problem in trying to get a bubble with value = x to be the same size across multiple sample sets... VERY frustrating!

My suggestion is to set the maximum allowable bubble size as large as you can. Then add one hidden data bubble that is much bigger than your data will ever reach and see how it looks. Adjust this large data point until your data bubbles fall in a range that's satisfactory to your data.