Software FX Community

com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.Attributes3D.getDepth() not working as expected

aroneous

On a 3D bar chart, I find that Attributes3D.getDepth() always returns a depth of 100. This is the case even as the actual depth varies. At no point has the actual depth been 100.

Note that I am not explicitly setting the depth; I want that to happen automatically. I just want to retrieve the dynamically-calculated depth. Do I have to perform some action to cause this calculation before calling getDepth()?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Randy,

In an answer to a support request, I learned that the value returned from getDepth is a percentage, not a pixel value. I am not modifying the chart to have a different depth; what I would like to retrieve is the (calculated-by-ChartFX) bar depth in pixels. I haven't gone back to search the API for such a method; do you know of one?

Cheers,

Aron

Hi,

The calculated-by-ChartFX bar depth percentage is 100 by default. It will keep this value unless you change it. If you modify this value and then access the depth property you will get the new value you have set. If you don't modify this value you will always get 100 since this is the default depth.

Regards,

RandyJ