Software FX Community

Click Event of Annotation

ranjan_rai

I want to trap click event of annotation text. There is a mousedown/mouseup event for annotation list but that also gets for any mouse click on the chart and not necessarily on the annotation.

I want to have similar functionality like google finance where I can click on a annotation on a chart and navigate to a relevant place showing me details about the annotation. Please share a sample code snippet if somebody has tried this kind of feature.

You can use the URL property of the Annotation:

Annotations annots = new Annotations();

Chart1.Extensions.Add(annots);

AnnotationText text = new AnnotationText("My annotation");

text.Attach(2, 3);

text.Color = Color.Red;

text.PlotAreaOnly =

true;text.AllowMove = false;

text.Link.Url =

"http://www.softwarefx.com";

annots.List.Add(text);

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,The annotation extension provides independent events including MouseDown, you must attach to these events in order to be notified when clicks are madein the annotation objects.For example, if you have:Annotations annots = new Annotations();chart1.Extensions.Add(annots);

you can attach to the event by doing:annotX.MouseDown += new MouseEventHandler(AnnotationMouseDown);and then you need to define the corresponding event handler:private void AnnotationMouseDown (object sender, MouseEventArgs e){   // Your Mouse Down event code goes here. You can use the HitTest method to retrieve the object being hit.}Regards,RandyJ