Software FX Community

filtering realtime chart

Sri

Well, real time concept in Chart FX java 7 for desktop and Web applications is different. I'll supose that the real time implementation you looking for is by using Ajax or an asyncronous method to refresh chart.

this is a sample I made that makes a button hide a series of the chart. You can modify this sample at will. userCallbackEventHandler method will receive the request from the button (or in your case the drop down list).

<%@page import="com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.*"%><%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html>   <head>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">   <title>Javascript Sample : Chart FX 7 Server</title>   </head>   <script type="text/javascript">   function setVisible(iSeries) {   param=iSeries // this is the parameter sent from the button. (in your case the drop down list)   SFX_SendUserCallback('chart1',param ,false);   }   </script>   <body>   <%   ChartServer chart1 = new ChartServer(pageContext,request,response);   chart1.setID("chart1");   chart1.setWidth(600);   chart1.setHeight(400);   chart1.setUseCallbacksForEvents(true);   chart1.addUserCallbackListener(new UserCallBackEventHandler ());   chart1.renderControl();   %> <%!   public class UserCallBackEventHandler  implements UserCallbackListener   {   public void userCallbackEventHandler (UserCallbackEvent e)   {   ChartServer chart1 = (ChartServer)e.getSource();   String params = e.getParam();   chart1.getSeries().get(Integer.parseInt(params)).setVisible(false);   }   }   %>   <button OnClick="setVisible(0)">Serie1</button>   <button OnClick="setVisible(1)">Serie2</button>   <button OnClick="setVisible(2)">Serie3</button>   </body></html>

hope this helps.

Mr. Juan,

Thank you very much for your snipped code. It is very helpfull to me. In your snipped code, there are 3 series at the chart that loaded at first time the chart loaded. With onClick button event, we can choice one series from 3 series to visible.

If I want to add/subtract series by selected item event from dropdownlist, could you give to me any snipped code to do it? :)

Thanks.

Sri