Software FX Community

Help needed on how to draw a bubble chart

akkiraju

Hi,

My requirement is as follows:

I have to draw a bubble chart with the min value as -100 and maximum value=400 both for X and Y axis.

The chart should be divided into 5 rows and 5 columns.

Application will pass X and Y values.

Now it should plot the bubble at that point where X and Y axis is specified.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Akki

Chart FX uses two series of data to create the most elementary bubble chart. By default, the first series passed to the chart is used for the actual point values (Y Values), while the second series is used to control the size of the bubble marker.

There are several factors that determine the size of the bubble; one being the actual value for the second series, and second being the axis scale which that second series is assigned. This feature actually gives the developer more control over the size of the bubble by providing the possibility of assigning that series to a Secondary Y axis. This scale can me modified independent from the primary Y axis used for the chart values, thus preserving the original display of the axis range. A bubble will reach maximum size when its value is equal to the Y-Axis Max.

Please check the sample Bubble Charts application (Gallery Types section) in your Programmer's Guide & Samples that comes with the installation of Chart FX 7.

It is available online as well at http://support.softwarefx.com/SupportDocTree.aspx?Prod=CfxNet70&Type=P

Hope this helps.