Software FX Community

License Error when Editing a Visual Studio Solution

Palmer_MD

I decided that I should start a new post as after reading the others more closely it seems like they were all having problems getting a program to run.  My problem is editing a program.  The program I got from the other computer runs perfectly on the old computer and also on my computer.  The issue seems to be when I try and edit the Visual Studio Solution there is an error with the ChartFx License file.

Below are copies of some of my old posts on the subject........

----------------------------------------

I have this same problem.  I have a customer who has an application that includes a chart.  I dont want to modify the chart, but I need to change one of the visual basic scripts.  I have Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition.  I am wondering if it does not work because I am using a newer version of Visual Studio.  I get the error

"Couldn't get Design Time license for 'SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Lite.Chart' "

at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Lite.Base.12.I3(LicenseContext 1I2, Type 1I3, Object 1I4, Boolean 1I5, LicenseProvider 1I6)at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Lite.Base.RegistryLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Lite.Chart..ctor()

my licenses.licx file includes the information..... SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Lite.Chart, ChartFX.Lite, Version=6.0.839.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce

double clicking on this error takes me to this file.  What other setup information might cause this error.  Is the directory naming related.  I dont have it stored in the same directory name on my machine as the original user machine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,

Michael

---------------------------------------------------------

The project is running on a Windows 2000 machine, and I have copied the files to my computer which is Windows XP Professional.

------------------------------------------------------------

The original programmer programed the project in 2004.  He is not available, so I do not know what software he used to create the project.  He installed it onto the Windows 2000 machine and this is where is has been for the last 3 years.  The customer asked me to make a change to the project.  The change is related to the visual basic scripting only and not to do with the chart.

I copied the files to my computer to make the changes as there is not any editor on the runtime machine.  The files copied fine, and I can run the project on my machine without any issues.  When I open the project to edit it is when I get the license error related to the chartfx portion.  I cannot insert my changes and save the project until the chart error is resolved.

I can send you the project files if you wish to try on your computer.

Thanks, Mike

I suppose that makes sense.  Hindsight is 20-20 right.  I don't own a copy and I don't intend to make any changes to the ChartFX.  Is there a workaround so that I dont have to purchase and install software? If not, does it matter what version?  I am not sure what version the original author used, does it have to match?

Thanks, Mike

Archived