Software FX Community

Could Someone Give Me Advice on How to ChartFX Integration into ASP.NET Core 6 Web Applications?

Cole

Hello everyone🙂
I hope you are all doing well. I recently began working on a web application using ASP.NET Core 6; and I am now in the process of incorporating charts into it. After considerable study, I chose ChartFX because of its versatility and robust features., I have encountered a couple roadblocks during the integration process and would greatly appreciate any information or assistance from this group.

• I am currently working in Visual Studio 2022 on a web application built using ASP.NET Core 6. My project is integrated with SQL Server 2019; and the target framework is.NET 6. For charting; I am using ChartFX 8.1.7631.28295 for.NET.
  • I  have used NuGet to incorporate the essential ChartFX libraries. I successfully developed a basic line chart in the controller that retrieves data from my SQL Server database. I then tied the chart to a ViewModel to control its appearance in the Razor view, and I included the chart rendering logic in the cs html file.
  • I can successfully load the chart data, but the chart does not appear on the page. I see a blank area where the chart should be, and no errors are displayed in the browser console. I double-checked the paths to the ChartFX assets; including JavaScript and CSS; but I still do not see the chart.
  • It appears that the ChartFX styles are conflicting with some of the project's existing CSS. when I use Chart FX libraries; certain buttons and text inputs on my page lose their intended designs.
  • I tested the app with Cchrome; firefox; and edge. It works perfectly in chrome; however Firefox and Edge present the chart incorrectly or not at all. Is there a workaround or a special compatibility setting for these browsers that I should enable?
  • My main goals are to display numerous charts on a single page without causing style clashes. I also want to guarantee that the charts are fully responsive; changing easily to various screen sizes such as desktop; tablet; and mobile devices. I intend to address any cross browser compatibility concerns so that the charts appear uniformly across all major browsers.

Also I explored some topics related to this https://community.softwarefx.com/topic/11152-scrolling-issue-with-8-to-10-chartfx-devopscourse-graphs-in-aspnet-page/#comment-28953 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

I am also curious if anyone has successfully used ChartFX in a.NET Core project, and if there are any usual dangers to be aware of.  any suggestions on diagnosing the rendering issues would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance;🥰❣️ I look forward to hearing any thoughts or suggestions you have.