Software FX Community

Accessing chart data in Javascript

MJ27

Hi All,

I am trying to access the chart data in javascript on clinet.  At the server I have create a table with 3 columns:

1. valueofX

2. valueofY

3. Timedata

I have associated this table with the chart:

Chart.DataSource = dtTable;

The column are mapped as follows:

Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("valueofX", FieldUsage.XValue));

Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("valueofY", FieldUsage.Value));

Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Timedata", FieldUsage.NotUsed));

Please note that I dont want the chart to use the data passed in"Timedata" column, hence i have assigned the field usage as'FieldUsage.NotUsed'.

I have a link on each data point, when i click on this link a 'UserCommand'  event is generate on client. This event pass the following parameters "obj, args". 

I can access the X and Y values for the chart using

obj.Data.X.Item(<series>,<point>)

obj.Data.Y.Item(<series>,<point>) 

How can I access the data in "Timedata" column on client side.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

MJ

You can't access what you pass to the chart as NotUsed. But I might have a little work around that might work for you. In the BubbleChart sample (that comes with the installer), the "Symbol" column is passed as Label. Then, on a foreach loop passed to array of strings and the labels are cleared. Maybe you could do something similar, but instead of passing the values to a array of strings you could use the Tag property of Point. Then access it in obj.Point.Item(<point>).Tag.

Let me know if that works for you.

post-6009-13922409743729_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can't access what you pass to the chart as NotUsed. But I might have a little work around that might work for you. In the BubbleChart sample (that comes with the installer), the "Symbol" column is passed as Label. Then, on a foreach loop passed to array of strings and the labels are cleared. Maybe you could do something similar, but instead of passing the values to a array of strings you could use the Tag property of Point. Then access it in obj.Point.Item(<point>).Tag.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks AndreG for your reply.

I am getting the following property as 'undefined' error when accessing it in javascript.

obj.Points.Item(0,0).Tag is undefined.

How should I access this property.

However I can access another property

obj.Points.Items(0,0).Volume

Order of execution:

1. Assign data to chart from a datatable.

•   data table columns are mapped using the FieldMaps

2. assign value to each Chart.Point[0,0].Tag 

3. Draw chart.

Thanks,

MJ

Working for me. How did u pass the data to Tag?

Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("valueofX", FieldUsage.XValue));   Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("valueofY", FieldUsage.Value));   Chart.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Timedata", FieldUsage.Label));   Chart1.DataSource = table1;   int i = 0;   foreach (string tag in Chart1.AxisX.Labels)   {   Chart1.Points[0, i].Tag = tag;   i++;   }   Chart1.AxisX.Labels.Clear();