Software FX Community

Multiple SFX_OnCallbackReady Calls

LeighHerbert

I have a page which uses callbacks to update my charts.

This works fine - I make a request, get back a response string and call SFX_OnCallbackRead(returnedString, ChartX) to update my chart.

The problem is; this does not work with two charts simultaneously.

Both charts will update independently: commenting out either SFX_OnCallbackReady function means the other updates without a problem, but calling two of these from the same page only updates the first.

Is it possible to update multiple charts asynchronously?

Thanks,

Leigh.

You just have to use the onCallbackReadyDelegate and clear the processing flag. Here is a link to a very useful Knowledge Base article on Chart FX 7 and AJAX.

http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet70&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/765/1/001.htm

Also, find attached a sample that updates three charts on a page. Hope it helps.

Thank you for your reply.

I have ran your example and read the knowledge base, but there are still a number of things I am unsure about.

Firstly, if I replace the code in your example which sets each chart to a specific gallery type, and instead change the gallery type each time, all three charts only update the first time; after that, only Chart1 does.

Secondly, I do not want to use SendUserCallback. My charting functionality is handled by a number of external classes which return a string which I currently pass to my chart using OnCallbackReady. Is it possible to do something similar to the example, but use OnCallbackReady instead of SendUserCallback?

Thanks again.