Software FX Community

ChartFX chart is not showing in some machines

Srini

Hi,

We have installed ChartFX 7.0 in one of our servers. The web application is deployed in that server. While accessing the application from different machines, the charts are working fine on most of the machines and on some machines which doesn't having .net frame work, Charts are not working (Images are not showing).

Please let us know, for ChartFX7.0 to work, for every user's machine should .net framework be installed. Or is there any problem of Installation of ChartFX?

Do we need any configuration to make charts work on all the machines.

Thanks

Srini.

Hi,

It all depends on the renderinf format you have chosen. If you are rendering the charts with the .Net client controls(chart.RenderFormat=".Net";) then all client machines will need to have the .Net framework 2.0 installed in order to see the charts properly.

If you use the Image renderformat (chart.RenderFormat="Image";) then there is no need to have the framework installed. If this is your case, then the problem has nothing to do with the .Net framework. Let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. It may have something to do with authentication.

Regards,

TT 

• 2 years later...

Does it mean that when the RenderFormat is .Net then enduser who will access the site through URL must have .Net framework installed on his machine. We are also facing issue with this setting. Actually our calendar div is being overlaped by Chart FX object and together with that Save My Chart/Load My Chart, Copy to clipboard options in toolbar are not working.

Thanks