Software FX Community

Rose charts (again...) and other miscellany

korthmat

It's a familiar topic for me, what can I say? ;)

I've been playing around with the rose chart bits in RC1, and it's getting very close to what I need to replace our homebrewed component.  However, there are a few things I haven't been able to figure out.

• I need to be able to apply a template to the bars, so that we display them in a style similar to our other charts.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  What hooks are available?
  • I noticed that point labels can be made visible, which is good because I need 'em.  But they don't seem very amenable to changing their display style.  Is there any way to apply a template to those point labels?  In particular, the problems I've been having with them include:
    • They always appear in the center of the bar; I need them to display at the end, outside the bar.
    • The angle of the labels changes with the angle of the bar.  This isn't a problem for a bar drawn horizontally to the right, but for the one drawn directly opposite it, you'd better be able to read upside-down.
    • They shrink with the size of the bar.  I've got a number of bars where that makes the label unreadable.
  • One of the options we use with our rose chart is to display the dealer number in the center of the chart.  I played around using annotations to do this, but I wasn't able to get the positioning right.  Is there a way to do it, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

--M