Software FX Community

Problem with broken image

Larsmoll

Hi!

I am using ChartFX7.0 in my web application. I have configured it to use the PSS rendering service using the method chart.Rendercontrol(). Most of the times the chart is fine in the browser but some times it will not show, just getting the broken Image The source code in the browser (img tag) is pointing to a jpg and the jpeg is created on the server. I guess it is some problem (authentication) when the client has its second trip to retrieve the jpeg. I have read all the articles I could find about this topic but can't figure out what to do.

I am using VisualStudio2008 to develop (instatiating the chart object in code), web server is Longhorn and browser is IE6.0.

Lars

:-))

Hi,

This may be a hard issue to troubleshoot since it is not common and it appears to be related to configuration on the server.

First of all, please make sure that PSS is indeed running. When PSS is running, the Image tag on the HTML source should point to a handler (something like /chartfx70/pss/ChartFX.aspx?id=0-102408271&type=png&mime=image%2fpng ) and not to an image directly. If you see the tag pointing to an actual .png or jpg file directly, then PSS is not running properly. 

I suggest running some tests with PSS off to see if the behavior continues. That way, if the errors no longer show, we will know to focus on PSS.

Are you using any kind of authenticated access? Forms Authentication?

Let me know what you find.

Regards,

TT

Hi and thanks for response:

The img tag points directly to a .jpg so the PSS is not running correctly?! The PSS service is running. The problem arises every 5 times or so I try to access it. I have been reading thru a lot of posts, someone describes a similar problem and they concluded that he would have to reinstall chartfx. It also said something about .Net security/trust domain.

I will try to reinstall Chartfx during this upcoming weekend and see what happens.

Lars

Hello!

I was able to solve the problem during this weekend. First, I was able to determine that thwe PSS service did not function properly. It made no difference if it was stopped !!

Solution: 

I deinstalled chartfx. (Wasn't able to remove the PSS service). I installed the 2005 Chartfx again. patched it up to 7.0. Then I ran the dosprompt command:

appcmd.exe config remove "myweb\chartfx70\pss"  (I found this in an other posting, has to do with the .Net mode of the ISS I think)

Now it works fine!

Thanks

Lars