Software FX Community

Chart FX Lite Install Problem

shifted

During installation of Chart FX Lite (the latest download, tried 2 different mirrors) I get an install error. (Just the standard "This program has encountered an error, stop or debug).

When I select Debug, then run the installer, the first error that comes up is this:

Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoaderLock' has detected a problem in 'C:\Downloads\ChartFXLiteNet.exe'.Additional Information: DLL 'C:\DOCUME~1\RONBEY~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IfxNetUtil.dll' is attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.

It asks me if I want to stop or continue, continuing gives this error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Management.ManagementException' occurred in System.Management.dllAdditional information: Provider load failure 

Continuing from that point kills the install.

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure the installer is downloaded to a local folder and NOT to the temporary files folder. In other words don't run the installer directly from the link in the browser but instead, download it to a folder in your local HD and run it.

Shifted: If you want to compare our product against Dundas you should download a trial version of the full product. Comparing it with the free lite version is really not a fair comparison.