Software FX Community

Adding extra value in dataEditor that is not in Chart

ChartFXNewbie

Hi,

I have a pie chart with the dataEditor showing.  There are 3 values in the pie chart which are detailed in the dataEditor as you'd expect however I am wanting to know if it is possible to add an extra column to the dataEditor that will not be shown in the chart?

So currently both the chart and editor have the values for x, y, z but I would like to show total, x, y, z in the data editor and still only have x, y, z as before in the chart.  Is this possible?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the code you suggested however this is adding the total to both the dataEditor and the Pie chart where I would it to be in the dataEditor only.

The exact code I have entered is;

Chart5.Series[3].Visible = false;

Chart5.DataEditorObj.ShowHiddenSeries =

true;

where Series[3] contains the total value of all the previous totals.  I cant under stand why it is still showing in the chart when I have set the visibility to false?

Again I would appreciate any help you could offer.

We are unable to reproduce this problem, assigning chart.Series[3].Visible = false does hides the series on our end.

Please proceed as follows:

1) Download latest service pack (I am assuming you are using version 6.2 since you posted on this forum).

2) If you continue to experience the problem, please include a test application that reproduces it.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the response.

I am using .NET 6.2 and downloaded the latest service pack only a few weeks ago.  So I have include a more detailed snapshot of my code below.

I dont know if I need to download the service pack again considering I downloaded it not too long ago?  If you need more details sent like a test app please tell me how to do this and I will send you the app.

Thank you.

ASPX file

<ChartFX:Chart ID="Chart1" runat="server" CodePage="0"EmbeddedData="False" Gallery="Pie" Height="300px"

MainClient="True" Width="900px" LegendBox="False" Chart3D="True" DataEditor="true" SerLegBox="false"

PointLabels="True">

<Series>

<ChartFX:SeriesAttributes />

</Series>

<Titles>

<ChartFX:TitleDockable Text="" />

</Titles>

</ChartFX:Chart>

ASPX.CS file

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Chart1.OpenData(SoftwareFX.ChartFX.COD.Values, 1, 1);

Chart1.Value[0, 0] = 1;

Chart1.Value[0, 1] = 1;

Chart1.Value[0, 2] = 1;

Chart1.Value[0, 3] = 3;

Chart1.Series[0].Legend = "Legend"; Chart1.Series[3].Visible = false;

Chart1.DataEditorObj.ShowHiddenSeries =

true;Chart1.CloseData(SoftwareFX.ChartFX.COD.Values);

}

I have a chart with 3 different points so A, B, C (the values of which are currently shown in both my chart and the dataEditor), what I want to do is show  Total, A, B, C (where total is the sum of A, B, C) in the dataEditor and have only A, B, C in the chart.  Is this possible?

In the code I posted above there is only one series however I have tried the same code in multi series chart and the total value is still being shown in the chart even though I set visible to false.

Thank you.

I think you have the concepts of Series and Points a little mixed-up.

In a Pie chart:

- Each series is represented by a whole pie. A chart with 3 series will show 3 Pies, hiding a series will hide one of these pies.

- Each point is represented by a slice. There is no API for hiding a point while keeping its value.