Software FX Community

powergadgets or powershell problem?

Hi

I have a master script which passes a param to a drilldown script.

The drilldown script looks like:

$sCode = $args[0]
Invoke-Webservice -wsdl http://myserver/LiveMonitoring/MyMonitor.asmx?wsdl -method GetDataSet | where {$_.ShortCode -eq $sCode} | out-chart  -Label ShortCode -values Total -refresh 0:0:5 -topmost  -DataGrid_Visible true -Gallery gantt

First time it displays data but after 5 seconds it doesnt refresh and the problem is where cmdlet can not execute because the $sCode param is null.
Is this an out-chart issue? How can I get around it?

Cosmin.

I created another WS method that gets the parameter and it seems to work fine.

The script looks like this:
Invoke-Webservice -wsdl http://myserver/LiveMonitoring/MyMonitor.asmx?wsdl -method GetSingleRecordDataSet -parameters $sCode| out-chart  -Label ShortCode -values  Total -refresh 0:0:5 -topmost  -DataGrid_Visible true -Gallery gantt

Another question though:
The refresh generates new "Total" bars on the chart due to single line dataset. How can I have the Total bar refresh itself without creating aditional bars.

Cosmin

In the current public build when you only pass one element, a powergadgets chart will automatically "add" points every time the gadget is refreshed. Honestly we did not gave this a high priority because a chart with 1 bar might be better served by a gauge.

We have just added a flag where you can use the DisableAuto to turn off this behavior, e.g.

get-date -uformat "%S" | out-chart -refresh 0:0:1 -DisableAuto AddData

This will result in a chart with one bar (showing the current number of seconds) but the chart will refresh the bar value instead of adding bars. This flag will be supported in build 2769.

JuanC