Software FX Community

Modifying data using data editor error

liquid.ice

Hi All,

I'm having this problem, when modifying data points using the data editor, the chart updates fine, however, when I try modifying the label, I get this error: 

************** Exception Text **************System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHwnd(IntPtr hwnd) at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Base.GraphicsEx.FromScreen() at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Client.LabelList.set_Item(Int32 i, String value) at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Client.DataEditor.E3(String 1XX) at SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Internet.Client.DataEditor.DY(Object 1XM, EventArgs 1XN) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLostFocus(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)The action that failed was:DemandThe type of the first permission that failed was:System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermissionThe Zone of the assembly that failed was:Trusted

Has anyone experienced this before or know of a solution to this, your help will be appreciated. 

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping for a more detailed answer.

I understand that it's a security problem, but not sure what problem it is.  I've added Chart FX to be in a trusted zone with full trust, given ASPNET user full access to the Chart FX directory.  Not sure what else I can do.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, editing the numbers is fine.  However, editing the labels throws this error.  So I'm a bit stupmed on the different security settings for something that is almost the same.

Hope you understand my problem a little better and thanks again for the reply.

> I've added Chart FX to be in a trusted zone with full trust

Something is wrong here. Chart FX does not have full rust in your client environment, the exception indicates a lack of a permission which is not possible if the assembly had full trust. For details on how to assign full trust to Chart FX in the client please review the following KB article:

How are you assigning full trust to Chart FX? What exactly do you mean by adding it to the trusted zone, 

Q6141001. Security settings required by the .NET client control

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticleSep.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet70&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/614/1/001.htm?_r=1

Also, you did not confirm that you were indeed using the latest service pack from our support site. Are you? What's the file version of your Chart FX dll?

Hi Frank,

I've read that article, as it was the first thing I found in the resource center and I have followed what was mentioned.  What I meant about adding it to the trusted zone was giving it full trust according to the article.

I did not have the latest service pack when I raised the question.  I do now, and the problem still persists.