Software FX Community

Can't see charts on my development machine (sandbox)

Bob

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my dev environment to use visual studio 2008.

I develop both C# managed apps and web apps.

I bought chartFX and ChartFX webapps late last year and although the winapps works perfectly I am having trouble with the web apps now.

My production server works fine .. but on my development box I can no longer test my charts working .. I can drag and drop them in the IDE set all the properties as usual but when I try to debug or "view in browser" I only see the broken image icon.

I have re-installed a few times trying both "developer" and "QA & Testing" install options but no joy.

I am running the latest update on the support site

I have done a test deploy and the charts do display there. I have brought back some other working web apps but I cannot see or use them in the IDE.

Any ideas what is happening or how to resolve this?

Cheers Bob

Assuming you are using Chart FX 7, you should have no problemns in VS 2008. 

>My production server works fine .. but on my development box I can no longer test my charts working ...

Check the source of the page and verify the URL to which the chart image is pointing.

If you are running using IIS, make sure PSS is correctly setup. For more details see:

Q7622021. Troubleshooting the PSS Service

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet70&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/762/2/021.htm?_r=1

If you are using the VS ASP.NET Web Server, check whether or not the file is there.

> I have done a test deploy and the charts do display there. I have brought back some other working web apps but I cannot see or use them in the IDE.

What's the problem here? what do you get at design time?