Software FX Community

download chart to client machine

scottvv

Hello,

I am writing a web application that produces charts.  I want the users to be able to download the chart to their client machine.  I might think the user could simply right click the chart and find an option "Save Target As", but this does not appear to be the case.  I then thought of exporting the chart to a jpg file on the web server and providing a hyperlink to the file, but my company does not allow web apps to write to disk on the web server for security reasons.  Any help on how to do this?

ScottVV

If you are rendering the chart as .NET, you can simply enable the MenuBar; under the File menu, you have the Save Chart option which allows you to save the chart image to Bitmap format, save the chart to binary (.cfx), to a text file (data only), as well as to save the chart to an XML file (properties only). Please note that this will require the client-machines to have the .NET Framework installed and set to "Full Trust".

You can alternatively show a static image. When right clicking on this image, you will have the Save Image As option.