Software FX Community

ChartFX chart does not show in WebPart

joyblesson

Hi,

I have created a webpart with ChartFX and when I go to the page with the webpart I see the webpart without the image. when I right click the blank box that shows up I see the ChartFX menu. Is there any configuration I have to do on the server? I have installed the production version of chart & gauge.

Please can some one help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Blesson.

Looks like a configuration problem.

Look at the HTML of the page (View Source in your browser) and locate the chart's image tag (the ID will be the one you gave the chart in your WebPart).

What's the source ulr for the image pointing to? Is there a virtual folder in your Sharepoint site that maps this url?

The URL is

/chartfx70/pss/ChartFX.aspx?id=0-101715460&type=png&mime=image%2fpng

I have a virtual folder under the sharepoint site called chartfx70 pointing to C:\Program Files\Chart FX for Visual Studio 2005\ChartFX70

and another under 'chartfx70' called 'pss' pointing to C:\Program Files\Chart FX for Visual Studio 2005\ChartFX70\pss.

Thanks again,

Blesson Joy

I get the following error when I browse to the image url. 

[securityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]

System.Reflection.MethodBase.PerformSecurityCheck(Object obj, RuntimeMethodHandle method, IntPtr parent, UInt32 invocationFlags) +0

System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +172

System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +1036

System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +114

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.CreateChannelFromConfigEntry(ChannelEntry entry) +442

System.Runtime.Remoting.DelayLoadClientChannelEntry.get_Channel() +22

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.FindDelayLoadChannelForCreateMessageSink(String url, Object data, String& objectURI) +132

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.CreateChannelSink(String url, Object data, IMessageSink& chnlSink) +142

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Unmarshal(Type classToProxy, String url, Object data) +151

System.Activator.GetObject(Type type, String url, Object state) +41

ChartFX.Pss.HttpHandler..ctor() +27

Thanks,

Blesson