Software FX Community

what's the image quality difference between ChartFX web forms and windows forms component

W.D

Hi, I'm developing functionality to programatically create Chart and write it to image stream, and then write it into PDF.

I managed to do it based on web forms component in PNG format. But I still have a couple of questions. Please help me.

(1) With web forms, how much is the image quality difference among PNG, JPG, Bitmap and SVG? 

(2) Will I get better image quality if I use windows forms component?

(3) I'm not sure this question is related to ChartFX or not. Please ignore it if it's not in ChartFX's range.

After I write Chart into PDF, unlike other charts (for example embedded Excel Chart), it will only achieve good print quality when I choose High Quality or Standard graphic printing option in the Color Printer Setup. Is there something I can adjust within ChartFX?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

W.D

> (1) With web forms, how much is the image quality difference among PNG, JPG, Bitmap and SVG? 

How do you measure quality? The PNG is pixel perfect. No loss in compression, so is the bitmap and SVG. The JPEG creates fuzziness around sharp edges. The SVG is vector based so it can be resized without getting "pixelated".

> (2) Will I get better image quality if I use windows forms component?

No. The Windows Form control doesn't provide support for SVG.

> (3) I'm not sure this question is related to ChartFX or not. Please ignore it if it's not in ChartFX's range.

Are you embedding the chart as a PNG? If the chart is being resized you will get pixelization.

Hi Frank, 

>>> (3) I'm not sure this question is related to ChartFX or not. Please ignore it if it's not in ChartFX's range.

>Are you embedding the chart as a PNG? If the chart is being resized you will get pixelization.

I embdded the chart as SVG.

I make the size of chart as ImgHeight=1000 and ImgWidth=1800, and then when I embed the chart into PDF, I scaled it to centi-meter based size (since only absolute unit can be used in writing PDF), something like 9cm*5cm.

Is there another way to do it with better quality?

Regards,

W.D

Archived