Software FX Community

Is it possible to have legend inside the chart drawing area

nivedha

Is there any option in chartfx which allows to display the legends with in the chart drawing area.I have seen options which enables it to display on right,left,top or bottom of the drawing area with in the border not with in the drawing area.Thanks in advance.

Hi - will this be a feature in future releases? Having been a ChartFX user for years and being used to the COM version where you can place your legend as a floating box anywhere on your plot areaI find this forced docking to the edges really, really annoying. What happens is that the legend box causes the plot area to resize and as more series are added the plot area resizes again. For us it is vital that the plot ALWAYS stays SQUARE, i.e. height of plot (y-axis) must be same as width (x-axis) and I cannot even find a way to force the size of the plot area, i.e. adjust the width if the legend box causes the height to shrink.

If you cannot supply the functionality of leaving the legend box floating - can you help me find an algorithm that will ensure the plotArea height always is the same as plotArea width irrespecitve of size of the legend box?

Thanks a million!

• 2 weeks later...

We have though a bout this but we are unsure. Floating legends are problematic because when the chart is resized, there is really no good heuristic as to where to place the legend box that will work for every case. Some actions like printing the chart, scrolling, zooming in our out, etc. can also affect this heuristic.

For these reasons we have decided against this feature. At least for now.

Archived