Software FX Community

Overflow exception

Scoob

Hi.  First I'd like to thank those from softwareFX here for providing the excellent support I've received so far.  I would never have figured out some of the details about ChartFX were it not for you guys.  Currently, I'm running into a problem where if I update the chart a second time with new values, I will get an overflow exception.  I call Points.Clear() first to empty out the old data, then set the new points in using Data.X and Data.Y.  After this is done, I call AxisX.ResetScale() and AxisY.ResetScale() since I turned off AutoScale (to improve performance).  This works the first time the graph is populated, but will cause exceptions afterward.  What am I doing wrong?  It appears to throw the exception after everything's done and it's doing rendering work.

Thanks.

I forgot to say that by 'afterward', i mean that the form is first hidden by use of Hide(), then populated again with new data, then shown using Show().  Also, using recalculateScale() seems to cause an overflow immediately...?

OK.. i used a workaround by just opening up another instance of the form every time i want to show a different set of data.  But this will still overflow on the second form!  Also, is there a resetScale() that resets all axes at the same time (so that it doesn't read the data twice)?  The RecalculateScale() method causes an overflow.

Archived